Thursday, March 7, 2013



Why is Insurance so Expensive? 


A lot of times it has to do with making poor Insurance Decisions.  Make the good decisions and you could see your premiums go down and be assured there aren’t any of those crazy loop holes - or gap coverage - that sometimes leaves us without the coverage we thought we had.

Unfortunately, many people make bad decisions - and more times than not - too no fault of their own. 

Insurance is not the most, shall I say...exciting piece of literature out there to study up on in order to ace the test.  Most of us leave it up to someone else to handle because even though we all agree it's important - and in some cases, are forced  even to have it, who's really got the time - or desire - to read something so vague?  Many people, dare I say, may even call it boring!!  But the thing we should try and remember is the Important part...and that to me, personally, is making sure that my Life - my Family and its way of living will be shielded, in our greatest times of need.  I mean, think about it - nobody ever wants to have to USE their insurance...because if we do, something bad must have happened.  Someone was in an accident, totaled their car and now have major medical expenses - with a possibility of a lawsuit on the horizon.  Or a major storm wreaked havoc on our town and homes.  A major fire destroyed your family's business.  And now - after a loved one has died - how are we going to pay for funeral expenses and continue our way of living on one pay check???

Yes, Insurance is Important but how do we make good decisions on something that is often, so difficult to understand?

Subscribe to our blog -

We here, at JW Hoban & Associates, were the ones crazy enough to find that time to study up on insurance!    Allow us, to share our knowledge with you to help you become someone who can make those good decisions.  You don't have to know all the technical stuff to be able to make good decisions!  Just the basics - and that's why I'm writing this blog - to share some basic terms, know what to look for and provide you some great tips to be sure that your policies fit you and your family's needs and hopefully providing you the peace in knowing that if the day comes to use one - that it provides the protection that you and your family deserve...

I plan on sharing those ways to become a good decision maker in future posts.  But here's a very easy one to start you off.  Many of us have many different insurances, covering many different things, through many different venues, and many different agents...Huh??

Let me try to explain:

"I get my health insurance through work and also a small life policy if something were to ever happen to me - at least I think I do?...I have my vehicles covered with this agent and my home through the bank.  Bought my motorcycle coverage online and the flood through the government.  And I make sure to keep the business insurance separate from my personal." 

This is really not the best of decisions.  Having all your insurances in one area will work for Your benefit in helping to make sure that you’re not paying extra premium on coverage that is probably included somewhere else.  And this also prevents those gaps that can occur when insurances are scattered about all over the creation.  Try to picture each policy as a tree or an umbrella.  When you have one or two policies from this place and another from that place over there - the canopy or area of protection can leave gaps - which allow you to get "rained" on.  But when you have everything under one giant tree or umbrella - well then your chance of getting soaked is much less.  : )



blogged by: jerry usher


Facebook                  Bloggers Facebook               Twitter              Linked In             Email


No comments:

Post a Comment